INTERNATIONAL YOUNG WRITERS COMPETITION
Calling all twins, triplets and higher order multiples. This is your opportunity to write about being a teenage multiple. Explore the complexities of transitioning from childhood to adulthood as a multiple.
Topic/Genre: Open to all genre of writing on the topic of “On being a teenage multiple”. Explore the complexities and special bond of being a multiple in the teenage years.
Word limit: Short stories 1000 – 2000 words Poetry up to 40 lines
Eligibility: Entrants must be a multiple (twin, triplet etc) aged between 12 and 20 yrs.
Categories: Younger age: 12 – 15 years Older age: 15 – 20 years.
Submission Deadline: 6th November 2016
Entry Fee: Free
Prize: Amazon voucher valued at $50, one prize awarded to each category. Winning stories will be printed in an upcoming issue of the ICOMBO Newsletter.
Judging: The stories will be shortlisted and the best stories in each category will be displayed on the ICOMBO website from 6 – 13 November 2016, during International Multiple Birth Awareness Week. The public will be invited to read and vote for the stories they feel best represent the journey through the teenage years.
Award Date: The winner will be announced at the end of the Awareness Week.
- Open to all multiples in any country.
- All entries must be accompanied by a signed entry form.
- Your entry must be your original work, submitted in English, as a Word document. It can be autobiographical, fiction or poetry.
- Only one entry per writer will be accepted.
- You will be required to send in proof of identity, age and multiple birth status. This could be a birth certificate and photo ID such as driving permit, school ID card, passport. Please do not send original documents, a scanned copy will be accepted as proof. Personal details that are not required for proof of identity (such as address) can be deleted from scanned copy. All documents will be destroyed at the end of the competition and will not be used in any other way.
- By entering the competition, you agree that your story will be published on the internet (icombo.org), that your photos may be used for promotional purposes by ICOMBO and you agree to be interviewed by ICOMBO Newsletter editors.
- The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by email before 30 November 2016.